Nyepi is a Balinese "Day of Silence" that is commemorated every Isakawarsa (Saka new year) according to the Balinese calendar. It is a Hindu celebration mainly celebrated in Bali, Indonesia. Nyepi, a public holiday in Indonesia, is a day of silence, fasting and meditation for the Balinese. The day following Nyepi is also celebrated as New Year's Day. The same day celebrated in India as Ugadi.
Observed from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, Nyepi is a day reserved for self-reflection, and as such, anything that might interfere with that purpose is restricted. There are 4 restrictions it’s called Catur Brata Penyepian :
- Amati Geni : No light, no fire, no electricity
- Amati Karya : No working
- Amati Lelungan : No traveling ( even though is just came out to the front of the house )
- Amati Lelanguan : No entertainment or pleasure
The effect of these prohibitions is that Bali's usually bustling streets and roads are empty, there is little or no noise from TVs and radios, and few signs of activity are seen even inside homes. The only people to be seen outdoors are the Pecalang, traditional security men who patrol the streets to ensure the prohibitions are being followed.
Although Nyepi is primarily a Hindu holiday, non-Hindu residents and tourists are not exempt from the restrictions. Although they are free to do as they wish inside their hotels, no one is allowed onto the beaches or streets, and the only airport in Bali remains closed for the entire day. The only exceptions granted are for emergency vehicles responding to life-threatening conditions and women about to give birth.
On the day after Nyepi, known as Ngembak Geni (Relighting the Fire), social activity picks up again quickly, as families and friends gather to ask forgiveness from one another, and to perform certain religious rituals together. Fires and electricity are allowed again, and cooking of food resumes.
In this year, Nyepi will be held on March 7th,2019.
Experience and Enjoy the Serenity of Nyepi day with us at Siesta Legian Hotel.
Special Nyepi package exclusive 3 Days 2 Nights stay at Superior room.
- Stay at Superior room include breakfast for 2 persons
- 1 x lunch for 2 persons on Nyepi day
- 1 x dinner for 2 persons on Nyepi day
- 1 x Minibar in the room upon arrival
- Discount 15% a la carte menu at Yummy Restaurant
- Discount 15% at Devarana SPA for all treatment
- Get F & B Voucher IDR 100.000
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Get 10% discount for early bird, booking period 3 - 15 February 2019
For further information please do contact us :
Phone : +62361 – 758306
WhatsApp : +6281909077999
Email : email@example.com